Flickr

Ms Adventure - View my recent photos on Flickriver

Pinterest

June 12, 2013

Talking to Myself Episode 1-Honing my Skills


Took a little trip to the Library.  Time to hit the books!

Just in case you didn't know, I like to consider myself a "Jack of All Trades".  You can see that as a good thing or a bad thing.  For those who don't know, the complete saying/phrase goes: "Jack of All Trades, Master of None."  That's why like the word "generalist".  Doesn't sound as cool, but it feels more fitting.

Anyways, I would like to get better at the things I'm good at (or at least I think I am).  So I stopped by one of my local libraries and went book hunting.  Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking: "There's something called Google.  Use it."  And sure, I've used Google, and it helps; but I love books, they're awesome; and there's nothing better than learning and getting information from a good ol' book.

I enjoy photography and I have great cameras that I rarely use. And since I vowed to put more pictures in my blog posts, I figured that becoming more familiar with photography and seeing how/what the professionals do to get the pictures they get.  For now I'm gonna be reading up on some digital photography and digital art (photoshop and whatnot).  

So let's see what I can learn from them!  Hopefully there are some tips and tricks that will make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment