Flickr

Ms Adventure - View my recent photos on Flickriver

Pinterest

June 23, 2013

Talking to Myself Ep 3-Why do we play video games?


I know, you've heard or read about this.  Maybe because after another fun weekend of playing FFXIV: ARR Beta Phase 3, I'm already getting gaming withdrawal and I feel like talking about it.

So why do we play video games? Video games have so many genres.  RPG, JRPG, Beat-'em-ups, hack and slash, RTS, FPS, MOBA, MMORPG, and a bunch more.

Maybe it's a hobby--you play at your own leisure and enjoy it. Or maybe you make money from playing video games. Yeah.  Some of this stuff's competitive. Or maybe you are one of the completionists who revel in their wall of achievements and trophies.

For me (and maybe some of you), I play for the immersion.  At first, it was somewhat of a hobby for me.  But after meeting my bf, and being introduced to JRPG's and MMORPG's, I fell in love with games--and how you could get so easily lost in some of the good ones.

Playing for the immersion is fun, but you gotta keep that in check.  

Easier said than done...

On another note:

from what I've been hearing FFXIV:ARR is "what you would get if FFXI had a baby with awesome".  I never played FFXI, but hearing that, I can see why the hardcore followers of FFXI (and FFXI itself) has lived on for this long. Keep going Square, that game has promise.

Take this with a grain of salt! Hiyah!

Picture was found on Google image search. Controller ornaments  :).

No comments:

Post a Comment